Groot transforms into a gigantic monster and a brand new Spider-Verse superhero is revealed, Radiant black gets a massive 2023-themed event, and many other comics stories this week.
Groot transforms into a massive monster in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy trailer. A brand new Spider-Verse superhero appears from the comics to take on Electro and other dangers.
As we continue to review the most important comic news of the last week, including news from Image Comics, Marvel, and other companies, we invite you to join us. These are the most popular seven comic news stories in the last seven days.
Related: Star Wars launches huge 2023 event this week’s Comics News
- Kim-Joy was a finalist in the 2018 edition of Great British Baking Off and is a bestselling author of cookbooks. Kim-Joy is working on her debut graphic novel Turtle Bread A Graphic Book about Baking, Fitting in as well as the Power of Friendship. Turtle Bread includes artwork created by Alti Firmansyah. The story is the story of Yan the woman who is struggling to overcome social anxiety after joining an all-new baking group. The graphic novel will be released digitally through ComiXology in the month of May 2023, and available in print from Dark Horse Comics in 2023.
- ECV Analog, Russ Burlingame, and Russ Burlingame have raised funds for a novel that traces the whole story of DC’s Legends of Tomorrow. Time To Be Heroes: An Uncensored Guide to Legends of Tomorrow, which includes interviews with the cast as well as crew interviews with the actors who played characters in the cult CW series, is now available for purchase through Kickstarter.
- Robert Kickman, Invincible Invincible, Robert Kickman, and Matheus Lopes have joined forces to create a brand new Skybound series titled Void Rivals. The series will take readers to a new universe. The series will be released on June 20, 2023. The publisher of the series said that Void Rivals will be an ongoing war that is raging in the Sacred Ring. This is where the last remnants of two worlds are destroyed by a black hole. It’s a never-ending conflict. The two adversaries must cooperate to get away from the bleak planet, where Darak and Solila Darak, the pilot Darak and Solila, pilot Darak. Do they really have the sole right to be on this bizarre planet?” What dark forces exist to be a threat to the universe?
Related: Sleeping Beauty’s Maleficent Receives an Evil Disney Solo Series
Groot has transformed into an unstoppable monster thanks to the Guardians of the GalaxyTrailer
- The first trailer for Marvel’s new Guardians of the Galaxy series is available. The trailer shows Groot becoming a terrifying huge monster that could threaten all of the Marvel Universe.
- Marvel revealed the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy series. “GUARDIANS of the Galaxy #1” introduces a brand new massive menace to the Marvel Universe. It’s GROOTFALL that was developed from the base of the team. Marvel’s intergalactic heroes will be forced into the Manifold Territories by this mysterious phenomenon. This region of Marvel space is unexplored and unregulated, with a myriad of aliens and planets that have never been previously seen.
- Guardians of the Galaxy#1 was released on April 12, 2023, by Marvel
Marvel Gets Ready for Grootfall With New Variant series
- Marvel launched a new series to commemorate the release of the title and Groot’s own series. The series was developed by Dan Abnett and Damian Couceiro.
- Marvel’s Stormbreakers Class 2023 has created new covers that commemorate Groot’s birthday! The series was announced by the publisher. “See Groot in all of his sizes and shapes. an aid to the X-Men and Avengers in these gorgeous pieces that will be featured in Marvel’s most popular titles through April.”
- The series contains variants of Avengers: War Across Time #4 (on sale April 5, 2023), Cosmic Ghost Rider #2 (on Sale April 12th, 2023), Captain Marvel #48 (on sale April 12, 2023), Captain Marvel #48 (on sales April 12, 2023), Captain America: Symbol of Truth #12 (on stock April 12, 2023), X-Men #11 by Nic Klein (on stock April 12, 2023), as well as Captain America: Symbol of Truth #12 (on SALE April 26, 2023). Villa (on sale April 26th, 2023), Doctor Strange#2 by Lucas Werneck (on Sale April 26th, 2023), Iron Man #5 by Federico Vicentini, Invincible Iron Man #5 (on Sale April 26th, 2023), Sins of Sinister #1 (on sales April 26, 2023, and 26 April), as well as Sinister: Dominion #1 (on Stock April 26th, 2023)
Related: Agatha Harkness Officially Marvel’s Next Big Villain in Contest of Chaos Saga
The Spider-Verse is invaded by an ethereal Spider-Man
- Marvel’s Voices: Spider-Verse will introduce the first new Spider-Man character named Recluse. Cheryl Lynn Eaton, writer, as well as Julian Shaw are creating a story that centers around Recluse combating Electro who threatens the power of the entire world and put everyone in the darkness.
- A new story in Marvel’s Voices: Spider-Verse from Jason Loo will introduce readers to Spider-Friend. The new superhero is from a WandaVision-like area. The story is packed with laughter tracks and was recorded in front of an audience in a live studio.
- Miles Morales and Spider-Punk will each be given their individual Marvel’s Voices: Spider-Versestories. Cody Ziglar and Jeremy Holt are also part of the anthology. Leinil Francis Yu is the cover, along with alternative cover designs from Phil Jimenez, Inhyuk Lee, and John Giang.
Radiant Black’s Massive Verse Heads to War
- Image Comics has announced that they will be launching a new Massive-Verse event dubbed “The Catalyst War” which will take place in July 2023. The story will be released on July 19’s Radiant Black#25 and is written by Kyle Higgins (Joe Clark), and Eduardo Ferigato. Raul Angulo, Marcelo Costa, Raul Agulo, Raul Angulo, Becca Carey, and Marcelo Costa.
- Image Comics released a teaser video where Higgins declares that Catalyst “is the machine empire that ties with the Radiants,” Higgins said. What is their larger significance within the world?” What do the radiants mean to them? What will this mean for Nathan, Marshall, and Earth when Catalyst is able to take the things they have? Nathan, Marshall, and the rest of the group will be able to discover the truth behind the Radiants with which they’ve been synchronized, fight with gods of the cosmic realm, and are forced to make more difficult decisions that could impact the lives and the future of billions.
Related: Marvel gives Sharon Carter an exciting new look with a skull-themed mask
Artist Olivier Coipel Prepares for Spider-Man’s most terrifying issue in 50 Years
- Marvel has announced a new variant cover designed by Olivier Coipel, Amazing Spider-Man#25.
- Amazing Spider-Man#25 has been teased by Zeb Wells and John Romita Jr. as the “most shocking issue of Amazing Spider-Man in fifty years.” The details are still private, however, Romita Jr.’s main page as well as the story arc hint that Mary Jane Watson could be at the center of the “shock.”
- The synopsis for Amazing Spider-Man#25 is out on May 10, 2023. The synopsis states “The past and the present meet in this huge and significant 25th issue!” This issue isn’t intended for you.
Ninja Turtles and Street Fighter Clash in New Art
- Ariel Medel, an artist presented new artwork from IDW’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Street Fighter crossover.
- Written by Paul Allor, with art by Medel, and color created by Sarah My. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles against. Street Fighter is an ongoing miniseries consisting of five issues, which will be released in the month of May 2023. IDW declared that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles arrive in Atlantic City to participate in an eminent fight competition. But, they soon meet Street Fighter (TM)….and their famous Psycho Fighting Forms that are powered. The two teams immediately clash and are eager to show off their fighting skills and demonstrate their fighting skills. The tensions are already high, and tensions escalate as both teams are involved in mysterious disappearances that afflict the city. Could it be the mysterious source of the event?
- Medel said that her head was exuberant since she was offered to me to be part of the series. “These characters have affected my life in a variety of ways since their first appearance and also because they’re famous names!” It’s unique in the sense that I have also watched films as well as played games. This crossover is one of my favorites and it’s awe-inspiring to be able to draw both characters within one comic.